• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need the best cooler for AMD Socket A with fan included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Hey I'm looking for an all copper smooth finish HSF for and AMD XP 2100+ but don't want to spend 50 bucks on the thermalright 900Ku or whatever the model :rolleyes: anyway, Can I get some recommendations? Thanks for the help!

I'd say the AX-7 $18 from SVC along with a generic fan that pushes 30cfm. That way you won't spend more then $25 and your temps will be great.

I've had good luck with the VANTEC AeroFlow, it's quite and cools fairly well. I replaced it with a SLK-900 because I was trying to get the last bit out of my overclock without going to water. Decided that I'm going to water anyway.
I've got a COOLERMASTER AERO 7+ also that I just put on the other day. The clip that comes with it holds the heatsink a bit loose. I've had two other people tell me theres are the same way. I replaced it with a clip off an older Thermaltake volcano 6 that I had, works like a champ now!

OH yeah, I forgot to mention that the processor is running at 50-60 degrees Celcius. Hehe, I don't know if this changes any recomendations but just in case I thought I should mention that. It is running using the retail included cooler. Is that normal for a stock cooler? Because I just remembered someone else that was replying to an earlier post of mine said that there processor's core was chipped and because of that it was running at 60 C all the time. I just want to make sure that the processor is ok, because it is still under warranty if it's chiped :D Thanks again for all the suggestions!

i heard the X-dream SE(copper) is uber nice, but Im not sure of the price. I know you can get the regular X-dream(Aluminum) for about 11 bucks which is also rumored to be just as nice. try that Pricewatcher web site for the best price.

I'd simply step down a step in their product range and go for the SK-7 then.. will probably cost you about 25 bucks..

Back