• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get NF7-S 2.0 stable with XP2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

All at stock speeds btw. My friend who had a 2400+ got an nf7-s 2.0 on my recommendation after he sold his KX7-333. Well, after 7 hours of putting it together and troubleshooting, the damn thing will not stop getting BSOD's during loading windows. It installed fine (or so it would seem), but now its completely fubared.

The Primary HDD was keeping it from posting when set to master on its own channel:)confused:), but when changed to slave on its own channel the board posts fine. We thought it might have been the ram so we tested it with my known good memory, still no luck without changing the HD to slave.

And now, after all that work, it still wont run stable stock at whatever x 166fsb

If anyone had any similar problems please let me know. And just skip the basic stuff, I covered all of that in the 7 hours of troubleshooting. Reseated checked and rechecked the HSF, disassembled and checked for shorts, redid and redid again all the cabling, reseated all cards, swapped in known good memory, ect.

Specs:
XP2400+ tbred b
NF7-S v2.0 (flashed to 1.4 bios)
2x corsair sticks of XMS PC3200 (1x 256 1x 512, yes I tried all the slt and stick combo's)
WD SE 80gb
Radeon 9500 Pro retail
Antec 400w truepower

All the rest of the hardware was working perfectly before, we just swapped the mobo and cleaned the dust off of all the hardware and out of the case and fans.

hmm, is the hard drive clean? I had this happen while switching from a KD7 to my NF7-S. It would just bsod before loading windows. Probably from some left over KD7 drivers or something. I had to reformat and all was good.

Back