• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech Apogee 7NJL1 lan audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxiKana

My friend is about to buy a new computer, and without a great deal of money he is in look for components, now im asking instead of him.. Does anyone know of any problems with this mobo? thanks.

I would recommend him buying a motherboard from a more mainstream motherboard company. such as asus, epox, and abit.

what kind of budget is he on? can you give more info on the future system?

Really tight budget, he right now has a Amd Athlon XP 2700+ and 512mb no name pc 2700 ram. And is still looking for a cheap vidcard.

I run this board and it's great. A new BIOS allows up to 250 MHz FSB too.

One problem though: there's an issue with Corsair XMS ram. Since he doesn't have any money though I doubt it matters :)

--Illah

no money and he bought a 2700+?

he should have come here before he bought his processor. 2500+ and 2100+ are alot better buys.

Isn't the Chaintech Apogee 7NJL1 more expensive than Abit, Asus and Epox? It is in Canada. I know it comes with rounded cables and a head phone thingy…but why not buy an Abit or Asus if they are around the same price why not get the best?

Although maybe it is cheaper where you are.

I have the Chaintech Appogee 7VJL and everything is great except for one thing....... I cannot get the darned Audio to work. The drivers wherent included on the disc like they are supposed to be, and the ones from the website just flat out do not work. Nor do any of the ones that I have dled off of the internet :mad: . It is the CMI8738/PCI 6 channel audio and it is "supposeed" to be very good for onboard audio, but I just cannot get it to work. As for reviews of the board, check out www.newegg.com and check the reviews there for people who have bought the board. Other than the audio situation that I have had, my mobo had been great with the exception of not being able to unlock the multis with a tbredA cpu.

Back