• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plz help guys, let me know if u had same problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

i keep getting a warning sound when i boot up to anything over 200fsb with ANY multi! i have no idea whats going on, the warning sound sounds like a fire engine (u know the continuse high low noise)

has any1 had this sound before? what does it mean?? has any1 had the same problem, not been able to get over 200fsb and getting that warning sound, thanks a lot guys, any questions just ask, my system is in my sig!

have you tried enabling the CPU Interface thing in the bios? the one where it says "use for overclocked fsb" or something like that?

hmm i havnt seen it but i will try it for sure, have u had that problem before though? with the dodgy warning sound....

ok i just enabled the cpu interface thing and i can go a bit higher now, but it just start make that same sound again when i go any higher then 213fsb! even 214...

any1 plz plz help me out, any other tweaks i can do?

i see ppl helping ppl getting higher then 230fsb, but no1 helps a noob to get to 220 :rolleyes:

hmm i have 2 IDE HDD, hope thats not the case...

what the hell is cpu throttling and what does it do??

i seem to remember the manual saying something about that.........lol
anyway. its simple. if the cpu gets too hot, the motherboard forces to slow it down.

Last edited:
arnoldma said:
the cpu throttling? where is that? and how do i disable it?
it's in Avanced chipset features should disable it
and agp ratio thing too
and fsb ratio
thats what i've done to mine after reading it somewhere, but i forget where, but it works.

everyone seem to be getting 220+ fsb with this board other then me? i'm always unluky when it comes to overclocking...

any other tips guys? i really wanna know what that damn warning sound is for, and if any1 else got it before? if so how do u work around it?

if your memory settings are whats in your sig you might need to tone it down a little it might be too agressive when you get 210fsb+ or bump up your mem voltage, either one that works best. the system you have, should do 220fsb without any problems.
mine right now [email protected].

I know that I am one that likes my computer to be cool. I noticed your temps at 43 degrees C @ 200 fsb. It may not like the heat. I know I have something on mine that if the temp. is to warm it will automatically shut down and give a warning sound when it is getting close.

227! damn u r lucky, can u tell me any tweaks or anything i need to do in the bios? i cant seem to be able to get past 217 or even that! no matter how low i set the multi at...

no its not the heat cuz when i boot up the BIOS temps is only like 30C, and thats no where near the damn shut down temp!

guys, how the hell r u getting over 213fsb?? plz help me! all it takes is a little typing! come on.... :rolleyes:

i have pretty much the same set up as you on the CPU-mobo-ram front and i am at 213 aswell, any higher and i end up with prime95 errors. I am a bit stuck on where to go now - i have tried lowering multi and upping FSB but i still get errors regardless of multi once i get above 215 or so. HAve also tried lowring the ram speed and that didnt help either. It is just very strange

NANA

hmm, see? no1 would share with us how they get high fsb.... it must be one of those "lets not helpd the noobs" thing...

what have you got it up to so far with your setup? and what's the timing of your ram/voltage and your cpu multi/fsb and core voltage?

can you post digital pictures of your BIOS settings? That would help or even just write them down and post them.

It is quite possible that your RAM is holding you back but you would need to test them on another system. PC3200 is rated to 200MHz and it's unlikely but possible that your RAM needs more juice to go faster.

Back