• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800 temperatures. I GOT IT :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcEmAsTr

just got my SLK-800!
temps are 42c idle 32c case

Is 10c over case temp good for this? AS3 was only only applied 2 days ago so thats gotta set in, was hoping for mid 30's... its not lapped either, gotta find a place that does sandpaper first in UK, ill post temps after lapping too

a friend of mine had his 1700+ at 1.8 29c idle the other day when i was over-he was using a slk-900 he had just got the chip and sink. Dunno what he has it at now, the 1.8 was just kind of pull it out of the box type deal.

i dont think they would affect anything-i used them on my friends HS. Your getting good temps for a 32 case-i forgot to mention the part about 65 cfm of air in an open case environment. ;) You do have great temps-dont think otherwise. You might want to rewire your case to get better cooling and if your anywhere near 36c room temp i feel for ya.

The pads are there to help stop you from crusing a corner of the core. I wouldn't take them off. You can make sure that you have applied a very small amout of ASIII, and make sure you have the heatsink mounted the right way.

AcEmAsTr said:
there is no right or wrong way on this heatsink

Yes there is...The raised part of the HS goes over the raised part of the socket:

|||||||||||||||___|
____________|
___------_____|^^^|

That's somewhat what it should look like.

As for the pads, don't worry about them. They're squishy, so they'll be squished with the pressure from the clip which means that you'll still get good contact. Your temps look good. Maybe there's something you can do about that 32C system temp. What's your ambient temp? It's possible to drop your system temp with more case fans provided that your ambient temps are below 27C.

for the "right and wrong" way for the heatsink, i always keep the screwdriver socket to the top of the board... where there is usually protection in case your screwdriver slips (there is protection on mine) ... that's the RIGHT way...

as far as for temps... i run at 2.05V vcore and get ~33-37°C temps full load... this is with a slk800 + tornado

as long as you're stable don't worry about your temps

If you need sandpaper m8, have a look in Halfords, got loads of different grades (1500 is the finest i think)

Back