• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When ram sinks are just not enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

water_cooler 20

I got a R9800 w/ 256 and the mem on there is almost hot enough
to burn me so i thinking of running chilled water over the mem but i have no idea on how to CONDENSATION PROOF it.So can any of u guys help me w/ this.

CamH said:
Hose it down with some silicon spray! :D

care to test it first yourself???

as far as your memory cooling , i would put active cooling on top of the ramsinks... doesn't have to be fast, but as long as the air gets moving it should cool more...

If i have a TEC on my GPU and have the water go over the GPU 1st and after on the same loop will i still have CONDENSATION on my mem.

filip04 said:

care to test it first yourself???

as far as your memory cooling , i would put active cooling on top of the ramsinks... doesn't have to be fast, but as long as the air gets moving it should cool more...

My motherboard has silicon spray all over it.

This works good for me......

liquid_electric_tape2.jpg

filip04 said:
what is it???

Jam sandwich gone horribly wrong........

I seriously doubt you need to chill your RAM, maybe overclocked 433Mhz RAM in a Car system in Egypt.....

I might suggest getting the mcw50-t block for your card. I found on my 4400 that I had to remove the ram sinks because they were actually heating the ram as the ram was cooler than case temps.

Back