• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel AMD Motherboard?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C0nDuCt EviL

Registered
Alright I was wondering if I might be able to get a little help in finding a good Duel AMD Motherboard... Seems like there are not many out there and I heard that the Nforce2 boards are around somewere or soon in the makeing for the MP cpu's.
I currently have 2-2600+mp cpu's laying here...what I am looking for..
8X AGP
NIC w/without
Sound w/without
video w/without
RAID w/without
MSI I seen has the K7D Master MS-6501 but it supports pc2100 ddr memory I would like to go with pc2700 or upto pc3200...also the MSI board supports 4x agp....I would like to run this ATI 9700pro video card in the new system..any help will be greatfull

C0nDuCt EviL said:

8X AGP
NIC w/without
Sound w/without
video w/without
RAID w/without
MSI I seen has the K7D Master MS-6501 but it supports pc2100 ddr memory I would like to go with pc2700 or upto pc3200...also the MSI board supports 4x agp....I would like to run this ATI 9700pro video card in the new system..any help will be greatfull

Most dual boards are more of a "professional" stream, and not the enthusiast(spelling?). So the 8x AGP is wishful thinking. The MSI K7D has a version with a LAN port, I think it's got an 'L' on it somewhere (K7D-L?). You will probably not find anything supporting higher than PC2100. This is all I can offer, you might want to check the SMP forum, but everyone likes the K7D a lot. Looks like you're working on a gaming rig?

M

I use a MSI - K7D, but you could get the K7D - L wich has onboard lan.

Baiscally the computer has, 4x agp, 5pci slots, no RAID, fsb options up to 150, vcore, multi, and ram timing options.

There is an Iwill board that supports fsb up to 180, i think, but people rarely get it up over 150 and it is missing the vcore or multi control. I don't remember which one.

Your r9700 will work just fine in the 4xAGP because it doesn't even need the extra bandwidth 8x has to offer.

btw, the SMP forum is the forum for ALL dual CPU stuff.

Hey thanks alot guys....I will have to start hanging around in the SMP forum

Back