• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Highpoint Serial ATA adapters With IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Martin Lewis

Just got a IC7 Board, Great board

I Have 2 Maxtor HD`s had them on my TH7-II Raid ,
Am I right in thinking I can connect them up to the Serial ATA`s on the IC7 via 2 Highpoint Rocket Head 100 Serial to IDE converter`s, Or can you only use Abits own Serial 2 adapters?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
SATA adapters

I am using a cheap adapter I bought at Fry's to supplement the Abit adapter included in my IC7. Works fine.:)

Re: SATA adapters

Geezer said:
I am using a cheap adapter I bought at Fry's to supplement the Abit adapter included in my IC7. Works fine.:)

what bios are you using?

most peeps say u can't use other adaptors after the 1.1 bios.

mica

Martin Lewis said:
Just got a IC7 Board, Great board

I Have 2 Maxtor HD`s had them on my TH7-II Raid ,
Am I right in thinking I can connect them up to the Serial ATA`s on the IC7 via 2 Highpoint Rocket Head 100 Serial to IDE converter`s, Or can you only use Abits own Serial 2 adapters?

Thanks in advance

Hey there Martin Lewis ,

I have heard others using Highpoint Rocket adapters on their IC7 but not sure how reliable (compatible) they really are .

I personally would go with the Abit Serillel2 adapters to avoid any problems now or down the road .

Mica and myself both use the Abit Serille2 adapters on our IC7's in a RAID config with NO problems at all .

I suggest you spend a few extra $$$ and go with the Serillel2 for the BEST results .

You can purchase the Abit Serillel2 adapters HERE at Excaliberpc.com

;) :D

By the way .....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!! :D :D :D

stereo555

there are a lot of SATA to IDE converters, but there are still only two made. silicon image makes a IDE-SATA bridge chip and marvell does. It seems to make sense that since the abit converters use the silicon image chip, any converter with a silicon image chip would work if they took measures to ensure only their converter works

Just a Update I got 2 Abit serial ATA adapters v2,
Connected them up to my IC7 via 2 Maxtor`s, booted up, setup bios, then created raid array, repartioned and installed Win XP Pro no problems whatsoever

Martin Lewis said:
Just a Update I got 2 Abit serial ATA adapters v2,
Connected them up to my IC7 via 2 Maxtor`s, booted up, setup bios, then created raid array, repartioned and installed Win XP Pro no problems whatsoever

:clap: :clap: :clap:

stereo555

Back