• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAX-A questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robbiesan

Registered
just got this board and installed my 2600+..

I have set the CPU Host Control to enabled in BIOS.. with EasyTune4 (ET4) I can up the FSB but I have found it is not stable so far.. I cannot change the multipler from 12.5 with ET4 so I assume I need to use the dipswitch to choose the multiplier..

from what I can see there is no way to lock the AGP or PCI frequency.. if there is a way please let me know..

how about dividers, how do these work? with ET4 when I up FSB I see AGP/PCI freq increases as well which I think may be the cause of instability when I attempt O/C..

any advice on how to O/C with this board is appreciated..

The 7vaxp (non A) board has no locking for the AGP or the PCI on it and I'm pretty sure the only difference between the two is the updated chipset so it should be the same. It's the only problem I have with the board except no HSF mounting holes.

Only nforce2 chipsets lock the AGP/PCI. The GA-7VA(x)(XP)(XP-A)
all are VIA chipsets.

question. What kind of RAM do you have? Is it capable of high o/cing? And yes you need to use dipswitches for the multipliers. They're in your instruction book and even on the mobo as to set what as what to get XX multiplier.

Back