• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 and memory config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_lightning

Registered
i see people saying to set ram to 1:1 or 5:4.. but i cant seem to find this setting in my bios.. granted .. i put it together at 3am so i could have slept through that page.. anyone have an idea where it is?
thanks

stereosteve99 said:
I'm getting this board with p4 3.0c and 3200 corsair, how do you know if it can handle it, or will there be no problem?

what do you mean "if it can handle it"? the ram? or the board?

halsmgd said:
pliu, are those stats for real? Your getting 5,700 MB/s with 3200 memory? How?

yeap i was suprised at the start as well, those rams are corsair CMX3200LL, not twin packs, just ramdon ones. here are my ram settings, 2-3-3-6 and accelerated ram settings in P4P800, when i was on bios 1.06 it was only 5450 but memory performance increased dramaticly with bios 1.07 and now even better with 1.08. what ram and mobo are you using? like to share your settings with us?

285MHz 2336 2:3 5,200 MB/s 2.4c -> 3.42 Ghz

I kept my memory voltage pretty low. That was the only thing I didn't play around. Well, also I never flashed my BIOS either. I assume its 1.005 or something. I'll try 1.008. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, are you doing any special cooling on either your memory or northbridge chipset?

halsmgd said:
285MHz 2336 2:3 5,200 MB/s 2.4c -> 3.42 Ghz

I kept my memory voltage pretty low. That was the only thing I didn't play around. Well, also I never flashed my BIOS either. I assume its 1.005 or something. I'll try 1.008. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, are you doing any special cooling on either your memory or northbridge chipset?

yes going up t o 1.08 should give your memory a big boost, post back your results with 1.08 for us to see. no i am kind of a budget dude, i don't have any expensive cooling gear. all i've got is the factory intel cooler and 2 fans in the case, as for the ram just the factory corsair heat spreaders. i live in new zealand that's down the south pacific ocean so temps don't get too high, in fact its winter over here at the moment. what i do use is a broken fan heater if i am playing games or something like that. the fan heater blowing cold air is excellent for cooling, just open the case up and let the cold air blow straight onto the heatsink, often that drops temps on the 2.4 by as much as 7c at full load. but for every day use i don't need it at all its not that hot.

Back