• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE sound can bit stuttery at times? Common problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeilFawcett

Registered
I'm using the onboard soundmax sound output, and at times the sound can get a little stuttery/crackly.

This seems to be when the processor is under a lot of stress. For example I had it last night while moving around a video clip.

Most of the time its fine (eg: while in games), but sometimes I can detect/hear these minor glitches mainly when doing media things (eg: watching videos).

Is this to be expected from an onboard sound solution? Should I dish out and get a dedicated PCI card.

Previously my machine (with a different motherboard) had a PCI sound card and I never had any issues like this.

ps: I'm not overclocking the CPU when this happens.

I had a P4PE, no issue w/ the on board sound, now I'm using a P4G8X, on board sound w/ no issue either, perhaps consider updating the bios.

I have EXACTLY this same problem, all the time.
Not with music, just with windows generated sounds and voice-type sounds (though not in music).
I have a Audigy2 and this board, onboard sound is disabled, and yet the same problem......

What bios are you running? I have no problems with the onboard sound so far.

Maybe try reinstalling the drivers.

with onboard sound and asus motherboards many people get this this i have it also even with the newer p4p little crackle here and there not alot,other than that iam pleased with the onboard sound its about a 9/10 compaired to my sb live,now all they need to do is make better software so you can cantrol the sounds better ie:echo and other things you would like to hear more of

onboard sound

the on board sound is ok for me I used a SB live on my old PC and it seemed to sounds better and I know one thing for sure my bass is alot weaker.. I cant turn my speakers up all the way like I used to and get clear sound... :0\

Well, i've got the integrated audio turned off, and i have a audigy2 card w/ 6700 speakers, and when i first install (format) it's fine but once i've installed the drivers for the sound, it gets progressively worse over time as i install more and more programs. I have downloaded the latest sound card drivers but still get the same problem. Even after a reformat it still happens...

EDIT: just flashed the bios and checked that onboard audio was off.
Still getting the problem. :(

Back