• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ not completting 3dmark at 200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i have the new c1 stepping with zalmans on nb and sb. i cant run 3dmark2001 @ 10x200fsb,1.725vcore,2.77vdimm, with relaxed timings. its prime stable at 210 for 18hrs @ 6,4,4,2 timings ,but won't run 3dmark. im running the latest ati drivers.

help!!!! i just tried 12x200 at 1.775 volts and it froze on 3dmark. with my 2nd 8rda+ i could run 12.5x195 at 1.825 volts stable all day long. am i unlucky or what. im about to give up on overclocking and sell my puter. this is my 3rd 8rda+ and my 4th nforce2 board.

Test everything seperately.. Do like 9x200 at proper voltage and memory at like 80% and 7-3-3-2.5 to just test the FSB on the board.

q149 said:
Test everything seperately.. Do like 9x200 at proper voltage and memory at like 80% and 7-3-3-2.5 to just test the FSB on the board.
i have tested the memory on my soltek frn2-l before i rma'd it. it the highest i tested it at was 220fsb 5,3,3,[email protected] memtest86 for 18hrs. running the ram async wont test anything. i tried 9x200 and it didnt work.

Running the ram async and cpu low with the correct voltage will test purely board on the FSB.. same ram won't reach the same limits on a dif board. Try removing the FSB jumper.. After that if you reformat try disabling APIC then reformat. Don't leave anything on auto either.

for running memory in-sync with FSB at 200+ you have to have the vdd mod done - could that be your problem?

(my board only got me 193 FSB stable before the vdd mod - now running at 208, gonna go to 217 as soon as i finish burning in)

Octavian said:
I started a thread in another forum for this exact same problem, and I found a solution...

There were two threads, this one discusses the fix.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14186

The other just kicked around ideas.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14120

It IS NB voltage too low and/or NB cooling. I put much effort into checking everything...and I mean everything.
but i have a c1 stepping and good northbridge cooling

just tried 9x200 @1.725vcore 2.77vdimm 7,3,3,2.5 timings and it froze on 3dmark. i restarted and got a blue screen of death after browsing the net for a couple of minutes. it said non_page_to_default or sumthing like that

edit: im trying memtest86 and i keep getting errors or it freezes. the thing is i tested this memory in dual channel in an frn2-l and it passed at 220fsb for 18hrs or so. could it be the memory?

Last edited:
filip04 said:
one way to find out.. run optimal timings and memtest again (oir 3dmark)
should i have to. the memory was memtest stable on a soltek frn2-l at 220fsb for 18hrs. the only reason i returned that board is because i couldnt pass prime at 200fsb no matter what.

its not that big of a deal to flip it to optimal settings, try and run 3dmark, i mean... its soooo simple... and you'll find out whether its your memory ... *sigh*

i passed memtest86 ,but i only did one round of all the tests. it took about 2hrs. only tried on stick in the slot farthest from the cpu. i then tried 3dmark with ,but at 210fsb with 9,4,4,2.5 timings. it completed with the on stick in the last slot. i will try the other stick after im done looping 3dmark for a couple of hours. i dont know how it could be the ram ,but im sure it's not the vdd. could be the ram slots though. if it is the ram, i hope memoryx will replace it.

just ran both sticks in dual channel at 210fsb 8,3,3,2.5 timings @2.77vdimm and i got 52 errors on test 5 after 54 passes. now i dont know whats wrong.

test5 is always the one it fails on for me... (in fact, i don't run any other tests... when it enters, i hit "C, 2, 5, 5 <enter>, 0 " to just run test #5... now, just because it fails doesn't mean anything... just check the overall stability of your computer , and prime

it runs prime for 18hrs @ 210 fsb ,but not 3dmark2001 with dual channel enabled. with only 1 stick in at a time it works just fine. i just don't know what it is. the motherboard or the memory, or both? i have not heard of a c1 stepping that couldn't get 200fsb. my vdd is even 1.6-1.616

drewthomas14 said:
it runs prime for 18hrs @ 210 fsb ,but not 3dmark2001 with dual channel enabled. with only 1 stick in at a time it works just fine. i just don't know what it is. the motherboard or the memory, or both? i have not heard of a c1 stepping that couldn't get 200fsb. my vdd is even 1.6-1.616

I tried to tell you earlier, its your Vdd. Its too low. Yes, I know you have the uber C1 NB...But, 1.6 Vdd is just not enough to run over 200 fsb at a high OC...C1 or not, period.

I posted the threads that thouroughly went over the EXACT same problem that I had, and I mean exact.

So, there you have it. I totally exhausted every possible scenario and found I needed a higher Vdd and better cooling on it. 3DMark stresses the NB MUCH more than P95 or any of the CPU intensive programs, thats why you can pass P95 and not 3DMark.

Take this for whats its worth. But there is nothing else I can say in the matter. It IS your Vdd. I promise you. Up it to 1.82 - 1.85 and you'll be solid as a rock and with aggressive ram timings.

well how come my memory can't pass 195fsb in goldmemory? im really starting to suspect the memory as it ran 210 through 3dmark in single channel. it still fails goldmemory though. the only reason i got this board is cuz i thought it would be able to do 200fsb without a mod. if the board didnt have enough vdd, wouldn't it lock up in 3dmark at 210 fsb in single , or does dual channel put a lot more stress on it?

Last edited:
Back