• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardrive Coolers....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

quick question do these quiet down hardrives at all?

hddho1.jpg

If a bought one i would rip those fans out and just keep the huge heatsink on the top. Im thinking it would quiet a HD down a little because of less vibration, anyone that has one give me any ideas?

I have one, I don't know if it quiets it down any,as I never used the hard drive without it (15K scsi).

The fans are really quiet though, you probably cant even hear them.

Its up to you on what to get but just my opinion on those. I think the $15 ones are a waste of money. I have 3 hdd's in 1 "cage" and the side of the cage would get reasonably hot. All i did was put a antec 80mm fan in the "hdd cage fan mount" and blew air across the hdd's. Problem solved the "cage" doesnt even get hot one bit anymore. As for your question that prolly wont quiet your hdd.

No, I doubt it will quiet them down. What harddrive/s do you have that are really so loud you have to find a way to make them quieter? I cant here the HD that is on my machine, only if my fans arent on, and even then it is hard to here it unless I'm actually trying to hear it.

Back