• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My vantec aeroflow just stopped working! help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick7029

I was sitting there playing some battlefield 1942 when all of a sudden i heard this noise that sounded like something was falling inside my computer. The asus probe pops up and it shows that my fan is no longer going, so i immeadiatly shut it down opened the side panel and started it up just to make sure. Sure enough, it doesn't start so I tried to spin it up on my own. Didn't work and it sounds like parts inside the fan are rattling around. Anyone else have problems like this in their areoflow? What should I do?

I put the stock heatsink on for now, it just seems pathetic that for 30 dollars the thing only works for 6 days. I bought it because I heard it was pretty quiet, and it was, but I'm not putting another one of those back in my computer. Can anyone recommend another quiet alternative?

Well, for around $20 you can get a thermalright sk-7 and it will let you fit an 80mm fan on. Thats a pretty good deal for that heatsink. The only other heatsink much cheaper would be an sk-6+ that i saw for $10 at svc.com awhile ago but i think they are 15 now. You could get a slk-800 or the 900 if you wanted to get the very very best but they do cost alot more and dont outperform a sk-7 by all that much.

Toysrme said:
I'm not saying a word ;)

Stick a good 80mm on there.
Lol, 6 days is that a record?:rolleyes: Yes try to stick an 80mm fan on there. Or you could put the areoflow back on and take the 60mm fan from your stock HS on it, should still be better than stock.

Zerileous said:
Get an evercool and slap it on the HS. There is a center hub but o well, it conpensates with much more airflow and is even quieter than the TMD fan. Linkage: http://www.nexfan.com/ev70x70x25fa.html

The cheepest way to fisx your problem.
YES! get that fan, it is impressive, much better, it does have a bigger central hub, BUT it flows MORE air, plus it is quieter as stated. That is probably the best setup with the aeroflow IMO. and that should compensate. (even though I believe the smaller hub makes little to no difference.)

I like my aeroflow because of the sexy factor and it outclasses my system. I hope it doesnt die though. Did yours come packaged separatly from the HS or attatched? I read somewhere that vantec started shipping them attatched because overtightened screws were the cause of death. Mine came pre attatched, i would be interested to know if yours was or not? If it was did you re-attatch it?

The SLK700 comes shipped with a TMD fan... But it uses a springy clip mechanism thingy (sorry :p), so there's no chance of over-tightening... Oi.. I'm starting to regret purchasing this hsf.. You guys scare me.. :(

(Sorry to threadjack) Btw.. Does anyone know if that evercool (70x70x25) will fit on the SLK700? I know it'll take 70mm fans, but is 25mm the standard height for 70mm fans?

Vertig0 said:
The SLK700 comes shipped with a TMD fan... But it uses a springy clip mechanism thingy (sorry :p), so there's no chance of over-tightening... Oi.. I'm starting to regret purchasing this hsf.. You guys scare me.. :(

(Sorry to threadjack) Btw.. Does anyone know if that evercool (70x70x25) will fit on the SLK700? I know it'll take 70mm fans, but is 25mm the standard height for 70mm fans?

You will probably have to bend the clips or rig something up yourself, which really shoudnt be to hard at all.

Back