• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the nf7-s a problem board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cswaim

Registered
I am just wondering what the general consensus is on the nf7-s. I see a lot of people posting with questions about it. Are there manufacturer problems or are they mostly those "doh" moments from forgeting to hook something in?

NF7-S v2 is the best board. but make sure it's v2. the best for overclocking. with the right cooling, processor and ram your on a winner.

I plan on putting 3000 barton, 9700 pro, 2 X 512 MB PC3200 Corsair, Volcano 7 in it.

cswaim said:
I plan on putting 3000 barton, 9700 pro, 2 X 512 MB PC3200 Corsair, Volcano 7 in it.

why a volcano 7? you won't be able to overclock that barton that much, an SLK800/900 would be a much better choice.

the reason you see a lot of people having problems with the NF7 is because a lot of people are getting them, considering how many people have the NF7 there's not really that many people that are having problems with them.

ditto. I don't plan on overclocking at all. I like the possibility that all I need is a better cooling set up to do that though.

you see a lot people on this board having problems because this board is so popular. the more people that have the board, the more people with problems there will be. i have had absolutely no problems except for the occasional siren that goes off during POST, but that's easily remedied by hitting the reset button.

I haven't had any problems with it and it overclocks like a dream. I just need a better heatsink and I'm gonna push my 1700+ as far as I can. You will not be disappointed if you get this board. I couldn't be happier :)

poop_loser said:
I haven't had any problems with it and it overclocks like a dream. I just need a better heatsink and I'm gonna push my 1700+ as far as I can. You will not be disappointed if you get this board. I couldn't be happier :)

Ditto on that
icon14.gif

I was reading around these posts before I bought my new board and I did notice A LOT of people have this board but I also noticed A LOT of problems... pages of what? How? Why? Grrrr.... so I decided not to buy this model. I did by an ABIT board though,because I believe they just may be the best mobo manufacturer out there at this time. With the warranty and options available for their boards I was happy to buy a mobo from them.

I'm helping a kid set up his KD7. He got it messed up from his fiend and didn't realize what he had until I got 98lite installed for him and confiured the hardware. He loves it now. His last PC was a screwed up PII 400 that his same friend messed up too.

If Abit didn't have the NF7-S, the KD7 would have been on my short list.

I would recommend having windows XP Pro or Windows XP home because the drivers are a bit finicky with windows 98.

Warshed said:
I would recommend having windows XP Pro or Windows XP home because the drivers are a bit finicky with windows 98.

It ain't gonna happen. The kid only works as a partime substitute janitor. We all know NT OS is better but it's not always an option.

BTW 98se has all the drivers needed.

Last edited:
Back