• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting A HeatSink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

I have a friend who whats to mount a Swiftech heat sink to a GA-8SG800. I have no knowledge what-so-ever with Intel mobo's or processors. He told me that his CPU is running 175F. To me this is very very very HOT!!!!!

My question is what should he buy so we can replace the stock heatsink.

Last edited:
Even with stock heatsink it should not be getting anywhere near temps like that. That's almost 80c! I would check and make sure that heatsink is mounted correctly...if it's crooked just a bit it can throw temps up. If he really wants another sink, really depends how much he wants to spend...but the SLK-800u and SLK-900 are both great.

It's got to be an error with the board. My CPU hums along at 30c but for some reason the board reports my motherboard is running at 165c. There is no way that can be true. If your friend is mounting the MCX4000 it will run cool despite the readout. I LOVE that heatsink.

Back