• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Thermal Interfaceing Material do u use bellow -40?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSpanky

What Thermal Interfaceing Material do u use bellow -40?
well yuo know artic silver and all that go to -40 but what if u want to go lower how do u get round this problem?

i wanna know cause im getting into cooling and am hopeing to start a water cooling project soon and then wiht the help of my dad im going to build a phase change cooling system and wanna get temps bellow -40 and i wan something that gets good conductivity and and go bellow -40

when you start getting -40c on die temp then start worrying about thermal paste. Even with phase-change most of the time you wont get below -30c. Thermal paste does suck at those temps too but there isnt really anything we can do about it. I heard someone say that the white crap radioshack sells holds up pretty well at low temps, but then again it doesnt transfer heat worth a damn anyways.:rolleyes:

Warlord2 said:
when you start getting -40c on die temp then start worrying about thermal paste. Even with phase-change most of the time you wont get below -30c. Thermal paste does suck at those temps too but there isnt really anything we can do about it. I heard someone say that the white crap radioshack sells holds up pretty well at low temps, but then again it doesnt transfer heat worth a damn anyways.:rolleyes:

Acutally many tests have shown it transfers pretty much near as3..

But meh i use radioshack crap when im out of the as3...doesent change temps more than 2 C

it would prolly show a lot bigger difference if the heatsink or waterblock wasnt as smooth as we overclockers have them. But for our purpose we just need the paste to seep into any poors that we couldnt get out from lapping.

From what I've read, some people temd to look at compressor manufacturers for that low-temp stuff.
I've read that Danfoss(a manufacturer of.. thats right Compressors) has a paste meant to be used at low temps.
So, my hint to you dudes. Danfoss paste.

Hmm.. my dad sells compressors and A/C cooling equipment.. maybe he can get his hands on some danfoss goop. Still... I'm not in for phase change stuff, I'm more of an Peltier dude, next project: twin 250W tec on P4. just need some "More power.. Aarh aarh..."

em im still learning how to sort everything but im getting a work bench in the shed for me and will have loads of plumbing tools and stuff like that so my first project will be to make a watter cooling system then in gonna make a frezzer unit then im thinking about makeing a Cascade system useing the frezzer i made first with a new system packing some R-14 hehehe -150 should be nice then i can pump the liquid throgh a CPU, N/B, Gpu and video memory probbly and extreamly hard task but i have alot of free time on my hands

i will probbly do all that if i dont buy a mach 2 i will probbly try it any way if i do

Back