• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 won't power up!!1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geezer

Registered
Playing around with the memory timings. Board won't Post. Unplugged computer and reset CMOS. Plugged back in and pushed the power button. Nothing. Unplugged power connection from the Board and connected green and black. PSU starts. PSU is OK. Gracias a Dios because it is a PC P&C 450 watt unit. Expensive.

OK, checked out the switch behind the power button and the wiring with an ohmeter. All is OK.

Seems to be a problem with the IC7 board. It has been RMA'd.
Anyone hear of such a thing?

Mine had the same symptoms. The board ended up dead! Good thing i was able to RMA it past the return period from my loacal shop. I only had it running for a few days.

I had a similar problem, Only I just had to rewire my mobo connector for my power button :D

doesn't the manual say something about holding down 'insert' while booting? can't remeber which page its on as i am at work.

also is the green light on on the motherbapord when the pwoer is plugged in a switched on?

Powering up

Thanks for the replies. I did not remove the CMOS Batt. before resetting CMOS. With Power connected, the green LED is on. But the red one never comes on as the Motherboard never connects. At least that's what I think. I didn't think of the other way of resetting, ie., holding down insert while booting. I remember another board which uses that method. I am not sure the IC7 works that way. I'd check the manual, but I sent all the stuff back to Newegg, including the manual.

I hope to get the replacement sometime next week. I'll let you know.

Re: Powering up

Geezer said:
Thanks for the replies. I did not remove the CMOS Batt. before resetting CMOS. With Power connected, the green LED is on. But the red one never comes on as the Motherboard never connects. At least that's what I think. I didn't think of the other way of resetting, ie., holding down insert while booting. I remember another board which uses that method. I am not sure the IC7 works that way. I'd check the manual, but I sent all the stuff back to Newegg, including the manual.

I hope to get the replacement sometime next week. I'll let you know.

Yup mine was exactly the same. I tried the 'insert key', removed battery, reset CMOS and still the red LED would not turn the system on. I ended RMA'ing the board.

Don't waste time, RMA yours!

Back