• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7-g problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

K, i'm finally building my computer today. I hooked up the motherboard, power supply, not the cpu or video card yet, not the hard drive, not the cdroms. I hooked up psu to my mobo, and i hear no beeps and the light on mobo goes from green to red. Why is this? I know even if i don't ahve video card or cpu, it should still beep saying it can't find the cpu or video. What could be wrong or is this normal?

might want to try installing the chip, ram, and video card before you start trying to find faults ;)

I agree.... a bit of an educated guess but the lack of any additional hardware at all, including processor, might be one reason why the board isn't behaving normally

ya, but even if the cpu isn't installed, it should still give some beeps saying it can't find the cpu. However, i did try putting in the video card and the cpu (without the heatsink) only till the speaker beeped, and it successfuly did a beep and I immediately shut it off. Cpu was barely even warm. Well, luckily i got everything workin on the 1st try. Rig #1 btw. I have to backup my data on my old computer, then tomorrow i get my arctic silver, that new stuff, i forgot what it was called, then i'll installl the hsf, then my system will be finished, other then tuesday i have the 2nd serillal 2 sata to ide converter coming so i can then finish my system and install raid. w00t, i can't wait till tuesday even though i probably wont get it to work the 1st time. I've only installed raid once, and dunno about sata and stuff. Wel, i got my bedtime book tonight (mobo manual). Wish me luck!

Back