• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D875PBZ Sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phpguru

Does the Intel D875PBZ have onboard sound? Intel's website says its optional. No idea what that means; i've only seen 1 version of it.

If there are different versions, does this version have it?

phpguru

No, that version does not have OBS. Take a look at a pic of the back ATX panel - no sound ports.

You do know that Intel boards have little to no overclocking options, right?

Yes, I'm getting the P4P800DX. This is for a friend who runs stock and doesn't really use the power of the cpu. Btw, some mobos have strictly bracket outputs, which is why i thought there was a chance this mobo had OBS.

phpguru

phpguru said:
Btw, some mobos have strictly bracket outputs, which is why i thought there was a chance this mobo had OBS.
Then maybe it does, but I've always seen boards with at least both rear-panel and bracket ports.

Browsing Newegg, some of the Intel 865 boards have OBS, but it appears none of their 875s do.

JKeefe said:

You do know that Intel boards have little to no overclocking options, right?
Yeah, Intel boards are pretty light in overclocking options. But they're better than they used to be - I've been playing with an Intel D865GBF board and it has a few basic overclocking features....

Onboard graphics core OC from 266 to 333MHz.
Force memory speed to run at user-selected 266/333/400 speed.
Force user-selected memory timings (non SPD).

Also, some Intel boards feature a burn-in mode that can OC the FSB speed by 3-5% (I forget the exact amount). Big w00t.:(

Back