• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is7-e highest fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xcam

Registered
Whats the highest fsb on the is7-e board allowed in the bios? Also what memory will work at 250 fsb or higher? Is the 2.4c a good chip to get to go over 3.06 mhz which would be a 250 fsb right? I keep seeing mention of memory not going higher than 225 mhz and what not..along those speeds for memory.

Thanks,
Cam

Dude, go read the reviews here

Abit IS7-G
h**p://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDgw

and here:

h**p://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/abit/is7g/is7g-1.htm

With a 2.40C and good aircooling, you should hit 265 fsb or higher.

For good ram, buy top-quality PC3500 DDR, and buy two sticks to get the dual channel effect.
Buy
Corsair xms3500
Kingston KHX3500
or Mushkin Black 3500

Set the cpu to 265 fsb, the ram ratio to 5:4 and you're humming along at 3.19 GHz...

2.4b @ 3.3ghz or 2.4c @ 3.1ghz

Well I am giving up my 2.4b running @ 3.3 ghz for a 2.4c thinking I would get higher speeds. Performance must be better with the c though huhh? Sounds like the 2.6c might be the better way to go to get past 3.3ghz

Thanks,
Cam

Got it up to 315fsb a 2.4c in my vapo, but my geil memory i think is holding me back. Will do 290 fsb with a factory heatsink!!!!

2.6C does appear to be the 'sweet spot' for these cpu/mobo combo's.

I can do 283 fsb on air with my 2.4c, but ony with one stick of ram.
With two sticks, I can't get past 265 fsb stable, but I get almost double the memory bandwidth...

If I hadn't just bought all new hardware (see sig), I would buy the IS7-G, 2x256 MB of Mushkin Black 3500 and a P4 2.6C....

I'd be aiming for 3.4 GHz AT LEAST...

3.3 Ghz is fairly easy to acieve with a 2.4c.... It seems going above that you would want to go with a 2.6c for less head aches as you won't have to crank your FSB over 275 which is a lot of problems for many people including me ATM...

Back