• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 how to boot after overclock failed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_lightning

Registered
i was messing with the overclocking.. and set it to 20% instead of 20 and now the machine wont even boot... How do i reset the bios? is there a way to boot up and set the bios to default?

hold down insert as soon as you start your computer, it works on me board, not sure about yorus but give it a go

if that doesn't do it, reset cmos, find instructions on doing that in your manual(remove batterly, short jumpers, replace battery...)

There'll be a jumper to reset your BIOS somewhere. Check your motherboard manual. You may need to remove the CMOS battery as well.

Not that I know much about INTEL-based motherboards, obviously. :)

EDIT: already said above, sorry...

I was going to use an 875p board and ended up building one for a friend and i only got to 2.4c(800fsb) to a 2.62 stable just shy of a 900fsb. Clear cmos if you need and do lots of research on your board and read your manuals as well not once but over and over. Your system specs would help and hope you have mighty fine ram as well. I can't say im a bro at intel overclocking but i have had my share or it. Try more voltage and hope you lock your agp/pci bus as well . Just a tiny suggestion try the intel forum

Back