• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unstable LAN...still

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Ok, last time I posted this I was told to put a heatsink on the SB so I did; the Zalman gold one. That maybe helped some but it still crashes in bf1942 after about 20 minutes or so. After that didn't work I put a fan in my case side panel blowing on it and yet it still crashes after a while of playing. That still didn't help it so I lowered my FSB down to damn near stock and it still does it. :mad: . Any help would be great, thanks.

Sounds very well like it could be a software problem instead.
Have you tried the new BF1942 1.4 patch? Did that do anything?

I have a 5 man LAN once a month...I'm always the server since my rig is fastest...and I've never had any REAL problems, and I'll imagine my LAN chip is probably cooking hotter than yours in that instance.

Figured it out finally! It's non of the above, it was my damn hardware firewall. It was overheating and shuting down for a couple minutes to cool off. I figured it out after i put my settings to stock and it still did it, so I knew it wasn't the board. I bypassed the firewall and now it works fine. All this time for a stupid thing like that.

On a good note the money spent on the SB heatsink did fix the crackle in my sound. :D

Back