• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good board for XP OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPM_Computing

Hello there,

I am looking to purchase two motherboards for Athlon XP CPU's and would like to have the option to voltage overclock as well in order to get a higher oc but budget is a bit of a concern. I have about $130 cdn to spend on each board and any suggestions would be appreciated. Support for DDR is preferable and I don't mind an intigrated board as long as the CPU can be oc'd withought the board flaking out :)

The MSI K7N2G-L is a great board. Straight out of the box it is faster than any other nForce2 board. I bought mine new on eBay for $102 about three months ago. You can get it on NewEgg right now for $106. It offers superb overclocking control for FSB, multplier, CPU:Memory ratio, and CPU/Memory/AGP voltages. Or you can spring for the new K7N2 Delta-L version for $92. It doesn't come with onboard graphics, but who uses that anyway?

mwsku said:
The MSI K7N2G-L is a great board. Straight out of the box it is faster than any other nForce2 board. I bought mine new on eBay for $102 about three months ago. You can get it on NewEgg right now for $106. It offers superb overclocking control for FSB, multplier, CPU:Memory ratio, and CPU/Memory/AGP voltages. Or you can spring for the new K7N2 Delta-L version for $92. It doesn't come with onboard graphics, but who uses that anyway?

those prices are cdn?

Nope those prices are american, that board he is refering to runs around 150 to 170 CAD.

If your gonna pay that much you should get the NF7-S its like 5 bucks more at most places.

It supports everything your looking for and is in my opinion one of the best Overclocking boards out there to date.

You can pick up an Epox RDA/RGA for around $80 to $110 US & theyre both great boards. Abits are great too just cost alittle more. i've never owned an msi .

Back