• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

30K RPM fan!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Need a super-high RPM fan? This will blow the fuzz off a peach. Or blow your door shut. Just make sure you tighten the chuck securely.
superfan3.jpg

THIS IS DANGEROUS. IF YOU DO IT, EXPECT TO GET INJURED!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Now you have to make a gearbox for it. I bet you could hit 50krpm :)

(j/k, that's actally a lot).

It's a bit too much for my RTX... It kinda gets hot after a couple minutes. My dremel would never handle it. (RTX is about 5-9K rpm slower than a dremel, but has twice the torque.) I did it before once, and didn't tighten the chuck securely. It left a 4-inch slash in the wall after blowing my door shut. Needless to say, I didn't get my security deposit back.
Also, if you break a blade on this thing, the imbalance will cause the fan to self-destruct from centrifugal force. That time, I lost a lightbulb and a pair of pants.

Caffinehog said:
Also, if you break a blade on this thing, the imbalance will cause the fan to self-destruct from centrifugal force. That time, I lost a lightbulb and a pair of pants.

There is a foolproof way of stopping it from breaking. Just don't say the Zeeky words.... :)

That wouldn't work.

CPU fan assemblies are not designed for the speed that dremel can hit.

100% chance of it going grenade on you.

You're warned, serves you right if you put your eye out.

wow, talk about insane... I WANT IT!!!!!!! i always knew that my tornado wasn't strong enough....

now, if this is strong enough to shut doors, and cut 4 inch gaps in the walls... how exactly do you hold it in your hand??? (just curious)

Spin prop spin!!!!

Ha! Way cool Caffinehog!

Me and my pal have tried something similar.. We used a boatpropeller and a electric starting motor(think like 300W!) for R/C methanol engines...
The prop measured about 9-10 inches and spun about 4K-5K rpm.
Putting your head or hand infront of that "fan" was very similar to sticking your head out of the car window at highway speed.
Yes, we were scared but we did dared. Ha! u'r just chicken(could well equal smart) Toysrme! :p

Nice little mod...

but with the way the fins are on that fan...doesn't it blow towards the dremal instead of away :confused:

Bender said:
I have a 15 turn 30k+ rpm Speed Gem modified motor for my RC car... Caffinehog you might have to come over so we can do some mad science.

Saftey googles my friend. :D

Back