• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beyong 1.7v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orange400

For some reason (probably the bridges) my Athlon 2200 on a KT4V mobo won't pass 1.7v. How can I fix this? I heard that there were hacks out there for the BIOS that allows you to go to 2v and beyond, but that's just tech-gossip to me right now ... anyways, what can I do? I would like to go at least 1.85v. I'm sure I can go over because I am able to push a 2200 @ 2200 MHz (isn't that ironic) @ 54 degrees.

whoops, looks like I made a pretty bad typo there ... sounds funny if you make a fake accent ... beyong ...

I saw that yesterday! That looks cool! But one thing ... will changing the voltage to say, 1.9v, will I have the ability to change in intervals to 1.9v, or am I stuck with 1.9v?

It depends on your board. That will be your default voltage. If you can lower your voltage now, you will be able to when you change your default voltage.

I don't get what they're trying to do. But personally I like working from the top of my CPU ... are there bridges I can join to do this?

Ok I'm gonna do it. here goes nuttin :cool:

Man those AMD guys sure will be confused after I blow them bridges 9v style if I ever return the chip ... :p

No way!!! 1.85v is just all the bridges connected!! That's easy! No blowing bridges! No confused AMD! :D

Well I tried it with conductive grease and it didn't work. But in the process of attempting a good overclock I got my RAM, AGP, CPU, and FSB all maxed out and I feel fresh dude. I achieved my goal that I was so desperately determined to finish ... brining my Athlin 1.8 GHz CPU to 2.2 GHz!! I got it running rock-solid stable 400 MHz over! That rules.

So I read what you guys said a couple times and all I have to do it run little speaker wire into the _socket_? All this time I was tinking CPU! I was all, "dang it'd be hard to run speaker wire underneath the CPU ... " lol!! So yeah its 2 AM and tomarrow's the last day of school ... I'm off to bed.

You know what it's like when summer's here but it just doesn't click in your head that it is? You wake up summer morning (or afternoon like me :)) and you're all blah blah blah gotta go to school blah blah blah? It just hasn't registeted that it's summer yet.

Hey if I raise the vcore v-tage 0.1v, I might be able to pull off another 100MHz thanks to you guys!! All my success has come from the help of these forums. Total inspiration for the overclock madness. Cool. 'Night all!

I DID IT!! I brought the VCore voltage to 1.85v!!! Now I'm running 2.2 Ghz again, only with a 183 MHz FSB instead of 137!!

Back