• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
although i dont have either of these i would assume that they would preform about the same. only major diff is you can put a 92mm fan on the 900u.

i believe the 800 would be easier to install because it is smaller, if you go to thermalright's site and read the faq it tells you that on some mobos you have to bend some caps to make room for the 900u.thermalrigh faq

i plan on getting the 900u and throwin a 92mm delta on it.....its going to be mega loud :D

The 900 and 800u are both bolt on coolers...and the 800a uses the clip...in reallity there is only a 1 to 2c difference between the 800 and 900...but the 900 will not fit in small cases...like if your CPU socket is real close to the PSU or bracket...

And you can mount a 60-92mm fan on all 3 of them...

I personally am running a 800a with a 92mm tornado fan...and LOUD is a understatement...but I can not beat idle temps at case temps and full load temps at 5c over...this is running at 1.6v's on a 1700 DLT...

yea the website says the 900 would fit very very thight in my board and i'd have to bend so of those resistors a7n8x so i will go with the 800 u with smart fan2

good choice...but then again...if you are like me and just can not stay out of your system...always doing something in it...the 800a might be a better choice...since you don't have to take the MB out everything you take off the heatsink...they both perform the same when it comes to temps with a good fan and thermal paste...

ok but if i get the 800a wouldn't it shift around? if i move or take my system with me somewhere?

not usually. If its fitted right should just be like any other HSF! I move my computer all over the place! And the Heatsinks never moved! (But I don't have a 800a so glock19owner would be the best person to tell you!)

If installed correctly, you can remove the heatsink without making the standoffs come loose, making it necessary to tighten the standoffs...And think about it, 500grams of copper hanging on your plastic cpu socket with a clip??? You can drill holes in the side of the case to have access to the nuts on the standoff...Sidewinder sells this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/mcmounhar.html Has nylon lock nuts that prevent the standoffs from coming loose...I have found that if you thighten the screws that hold the heat sink on until they bottom out and maybe 1/8 of a turn more the stand offs do not come loose when you remove the heat sink...If you move your compter around you really should consider using the 800U...I have put a SLK-900 one Asus A7N8X but could not get one on different one...It was a different revision...Maybe you can maybe you cant...To clip or not to clip...My vote goes to no clip...The SLK-900 with a 92m/m fan is hard to beat...:D

Back