• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7nnxp Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evkargav

Well i went out and brought a new mb and now im ****ed!!!

1st. The damn this wont let the monitor receive a signal on boot up with the new 6 phase daughter board plugged in. so I took it out and now it boots.

2nd. Keep getting memory dump(blue screen) at different intervals. and after i just brought 2 x 512 3200ll corsair twin set thinking it would run stable with dual channel ram.

3rd. Everytime I get the dump or reset the pc with the reset button, i have to reset the bios by removing the cmos battery.

My system consists of:

AMD 2600 400 FSB/ VOLCANO 9 FAN
GIGABYTE GA-7NNXP Nforce2 ULTRA400 Chipset
DDR 1024MB TWINX-3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM Corsair
POWER COLOUR 9700PRO 128meg DDR TV / DVI out
2 X 80 gig 7200rpm CALYPSO / DIAMONDMAX PLUS 9 ATA-133
1 X 40 gig 7200rpm Barracuda
19" HITACHI FLAT CRT
LOGITECH CORDLESS ELITE DUO
Logitech Z-340 Speakers System

NOW IF ANY1 CAN HELP WITH ANY OF THESE DAMN PROBLEM I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL..

EVO:mad:

I just bought the same board and installed it yesterday and today. I've had a couple of similar problems, so I'll give you my best advice.

I can't help you with No. 1...I didn't have that problem.

No. 2 is a bit easier...I had the same issues. Here's what I think you need to do. In the BIOS (hit DEL during boot up), make sure the "memory frequency" is set to AUTO and NOT SPD. I think that will solve No. 3 also.

Also, make sure you put the memory in DIMM 1 and 3 (not 1 and 2). The color-coded slots should match.

Also, on my board, the FSB switch was set to "off" rather than "on" which is supposed to be the default. Double check that the switch is "on." It's the CLK_SW switch (page 16 of the manual).

I have this board GA-7NNXP and Its working good Very stable,,At the 400FSB settings Had no reboots,running prime for 11hours,Ran 3Dmark 4 times and others little stuff (Note My Nortin internet secerty2002was and is still running in the back ground the hole time) This board is not perfect but seems to be up in the higher ranks. We have a guy running @ 217FSB 10X 1.92 core volts.He's stable.

GUYS THE CORSAIR MEMORY DOESNT WORK WITH THE GA-7NNXP. I HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH DPS card too. took it down to gigabyte and the gave me a new revision of the DPS card. now it works perfect. for the memory, corsair xms will not work in this mobo. you will get frequent reboots when doing CPU intensive tasks.

You need to go into your bios and make sure that under Advanced features the Init Display First is set to AGP, it is defaulted to PCI. This was one of the 1st things I changed- so I never had an error like you. If it is on AGP, then either your daughter card is bad (gigabyte will send you a new one) or your BIOS is bad.

Do not upgrade to Bios version F17 without keeping F16 in backup. I had all sorts of errors with F17- mine is happy with F16. I haven't tried the newest F18 so can't comment on that.

About the only issue I had with Kingston ram is the board WILL NOT accept 3 sticks of PC3200- no matter what Kingston or Gigabyte says. If you do decide to max out, it has to be a mixture of 2 512's with 2- 256's (one being single sided).

Back