• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a good 92 mm fan...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilentandDeadly

Registered
I want a fan that has a moderate noise rating but a high CFM. If possible, could anyone post a link to what the dB can compare to, so I know approximately HOW loud something will be. I remember seeing a chart that compared every 10 or so dB to a noise that most people have heard, and then showed how long it would take to go def. :)

the very best performing 92mm fan with low noise would be a tornado on a reobus or 7v mod, because its the widest of them all and at 7v its almost dead silent

Heh. I don't like the tornado. Too loud for my tastes. I'm not sure how low the mulipanel brings the voltage on it, but it was still loud at the lowest setting. I like the sunon fans, myself.

tornado isnt even quiet at 5volts... u want an in audible 92mm fan.. u get a panaflo l1a or evercool.. simple! these evercools are still pretty loud at 12volts too, i had to take em down to 5.

Does anyone have a good site for the Sunon fans? All the ones I find kill with those shpping costs. All I want is 2 of the 92mm, but am not willing to pay more than $6 shipping(assuming each fan is $6 or under).

I agree, even at 7v the Tornado is too loud. The Panaflos are nice if you don't have any fan controllers or don't mind volt modding it. In my situation, I want something that I can run normally during the day and bring the speed down at night. I haven't tried the Sunon fans yet, but anything is better than this Tornado.

tornados rule, just get a controller of some sort and turn it down when you dont need full blast. I have one on my HSF and one at my top blowhole and i wouldnt go any other way. You get used to the noise after like 2 minutes anyways.

dmginc345 said:
tornados rule, just get a controller of some sort and turn it down when you dont need full blast. I have one on my HSF and one at my top blowhole and i wouldnt go any other way. You get used to the noise after like 2 minutes anyways.

i agree, besides the wider=better

PhobMX said:

i agree, besides the wider=better

I'd love to see a better selection of 38mm-wide fans in both 80mm and 92mm. So far, the only ones I've seen in that width are the Tornados (and other version of it like the one from PCtoys).

nerdlogic said:

I'd love to see a better selection of 38mm-wide fans in both 80mm and 92mm. So far, the only ones I've seen in that width are the Tornados (and other version of it like the one from PCtoys).

omg, quoted by the mistress herself!! im not worthay!!!

i agree with you, i gotta accept my tornado isnt silent at its lowest speed but at least i know it pushes air than any other i know of with the same specs (i dunno any really, lol)

Back