• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Nforce2 board ABIT/MSI/ASUS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cybermouse

Registered
Aarhus, Denmark, Scandinavia, Europe, Earth
Nforce2 and Matrox G550 together?

Is there anyone who know how a combination between a abit NF7-S and a Matrox G550, i heard that there was some problems with some matrox cards so just wanting to hear if any of you have experienced problems.
Thank you in advance
Cybermouse
**************original post***************
i am going out to get myself a new motherboard since i just fried my old MSI K7T Turbo-R. Stability is a main factor for me, but overclocking probaly won't be as i'm gonna be running the boad together with my old 1200Mhz thunderbird (266FSB). Because i'm really just waiting for the Athlon64 to get here.
The boards i have thought of is.
Abit NF7-S
MSI K7N2G-ILSR
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe /GD
and another question i would like to keep my GPU Matrox G550, but i'm not shure if it's compatible with Nforce2
can anyone confirm if it's running on a Nforce2 card.
Thank you in advance
Cybermouse
*************end original post*************

Last edited:
I have a MSI K7N2G-L and I am very pleased with it. Out of the box, it is faster than any other nForce2 motherboard available, including the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. Overclocking ability is probably slightly better if you go with the A7N8X. Either way, they are both great boards. I highly recommend the K7N2G-L(ISR) mobos from MSI combined with Kingston HyperX RAM. Good luck.

EPOX 8K9A Its not NF2 but its stable as a rock, if youre just waiting for Athlon 64 and not overclocking, what is the use in paying extra money for stuff you dont need?

lol mwsku. you say that like its a noticable amount. amddb.com shows it to be no more than 1.5fps ahead of my nf7-s at any time.

The nf7-s is the best overclocking board to date, so i'd have to reccommend it over any other nforce2 board

Last edited:
the reason why i want a Nforce2 board is that it has much greater value in resell to a friend of mine, with all the features that the Nforce2 platform has to offer, you know firewire, USB 2.0 Soundstorm that kind of things.
Thank you for the answers so far, i think i'm gonna stick with the Abit if i can use my Matrox G550 card on it, othervise i'll use the MSI card, the internal GPU should be plenty for me, as i'm not a gamer in any way.

Last edited:
Get the Abit NF7-S, its what i picked up and i am one happy camper. Nothing but good overclocks with this board.

Back