• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid 8rda!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

I recently somhow mangaed to kill my 8k3a+, so i thought it would be a nice upgrade to get an 8rda. Well i just got the board in yesterday, and put it to gether with out a problem. Started it and played with it a bit just to see how i could oc my 1700, i got it to 2500 mhz+ with out a problem.

Now i moved on to installing windows, so i reset everything back to stock, and installed windows. Went off with out a hitch. Now here is where my problems begin. I installed the nforce drivers and restarted, then i installed my gforce 3 drivers and restarted. But this time when it came back up, as soon as it got pas the xp boot screen, my mointor light turns orange.

So i restart and boot into safe mode, uninstall the video drivers and restart. Workes fine. So i download the newest drivers, and the same thing happens. So i download the newest nforce drivers and reformat and reinstall. Same thing happens.

What am i missing? I just download sp1 last night but i haven't got a chance to install it because i had to work today. Well this fix my problem? I don't think its my video card because the thing runs fine untill i install drivers for it. Any ideas?

the newest from nvidias site, i think there were 44.03 or something...i will try that tonight, i know it said to get usb 2.0 i need to install sp1.

well, im dialup:( so it takes me an hour to download new drivers. I do have 3-5 of them saved on my storage drive, and they all worked before this board. I don't remeber which versions they are though, ill look when i get home

eh? said:
well, im dialup:(

man I can remember when I had dial up...I know it really hampers when you need certain drivers...especially like SP1...

And how is it up in Elk Land...I am in cental Indiana...Kokomo to be exact...

Ugh i know, and to make matter worse my ISP is starting to drop my connection, so i had use a download manager to download sp1, the download manager of corse added another 6 meg i had to download, plus the thing takes over my system. I dowloaded sp1 overnight.

Kokomo! Everytime we leave the state i go through kokomo. And im down to west lafayette every weekend.

eh? said:
Ugh i know, and to make matter worse my ISP is starting to drop my connection, so i had use a download manager to download sp1, the download manager of corse added another 6 meg i had to download, plus the thing takes over my system. I dowloaded sp1 overnight.

Kokomo! Everytime we leave the state i go through kokomo. And im down to west lafayette every weekend.

I know what your doing in WL...probably the same thing I used to do over there ;)...and odds are you drive right close to me since I am only about a 1/2 mile off of 31...

really:). I have a girlfriend down there and i go and see her....stupid women :D

Yep i take 31 down to 25, hell i might have even passed you a couple of times:)

I was in Indiana once... actually walked on the beach of Lake Michigan, to be exact. That was about eleven years ago.

eh?, what happened to your 8K3A? B/c my 8KHA+ recently "died" and I fixed it by resoldering a burnt trace....

i dunno. Orginally my pump started acting up so, i went without a computer at home for about a week. I finally got the pump and put everything together and went boot up and got t he C1 error.....

So after much playing and troubleshooting i ended just buying a referb from newegg (the 8rda)...

Im more than sure the board is dead now....When i was installing the new boar di need the waterblock standoffs off my 8k3a+ and i took some traces with it.... The board served me wll:)

BTW i hate inidana :D i wanna move to flordia so bad....but the woman won't allow it.stupid women

eh? said:
the newest from nvidias site, i think there were 44.03 or something...i will try that tonight, i know it said to get usb 2.0 i need to install sp1.

Mine is working great , but I can't seem to get the usb drivers , I went to windows update and they don't show. It shows in device manager that I don't have any installed.

i ended up sending back the board and getting another one...But i couldn't get the usb 2.0 to work either. I ended up just using version 1.

Back