• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS 7000-Cu vs Swifty MCX400 vs SLK900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tutrinh

what do you think about the Zalman?
I currently own a Swifty MCX4000 and don't know is there any better solution for air cooling? and I need a HSF that can handle at least 800Mhz - 1Ghz or overclock in AIR

Zalman HSFs can usually handle a lot. My uncle actually has a CNPS and it works nice, but I don't know how far it can handle an OC.

IMO you currently own the best air cooling solution for the p4, as long as ur using the 92mm fan bracket of course :)

I agree with obliv...You have a coin toss between the MCX4000 and the Swiftech SLK-900...One to two degrees F between the two...And if you use a 92m/m fan...Well it just does not get any better...Sidewinder sells the brackets for 5 or 6 dollars...One thing for sure you already have one of the very best heat sinks out there...If the Zalman is better I doubt very seriously it would be worth changing from your Swifty...:D

use a 57 cfm 35 dba panaflo, 5v it. and bam, its silent.. what u talk about noise? :)

Last edited:
obliv said:
use a 57 cfm 35 dba panaflo, 5v it. and bam, its silent.. what u talk about noise? :)
Well, maybe so, but if you look at ozziegn's results that he linked to, he seems to be getting almost equivalent results with the SLK-900u and the ZNPS7000-cu.

But, the SLK-900u doesn't come with a fan, and the Zalman does, so the Zalman is much cheaper.

he didnt submit the fan he used with his slk 900u.. could make quite the difference

The Zalman is 773 grams !? :eek:

holy crap. I hope you dont move your box around much.

btw Ozz I must have seen your oc results 1000 times now and it still impresses me. I refuse to give up tho. Will be trying different memory soon enough.

its safe, u should see the difference their VGA heatpipe cooler does to ur card.. thats when you have to be really careful :)... the zalman has a pretty strong bracket, dont see that failing when you carry it.

Back