• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smart Case Fan 1 -Temp Diode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mico

I have a Smart Case Fan 1 as my CPU cooler and the cpu is running about 42C load (AMD 2400+). I wanted to know if there was an easy way to make the fan ignore the temperature diode and spin 5500 rpm instead of 2800rpm? I know I coulod use a Zalman fan tuner, but I would rather not have to pay anything.

if you want to make it perminatly spin at max, then just cut the sensor off and join the 2 wires together. make sure you tape them up so they can't short on the case.

Refresh my memory but does the Smart Fan 1 have a place where you can put the jumper on?

Because on the Smart Fan 2 you just change a jumper and it spins full speed.

Yeah, try scraping insulation of of the two wires leading to the thermal sensor and touching the open areas. If this works, cut off the thermal sensor and splice the wires together. If it doesn't, just cover the cut wires up and everything will be normal.

Turns out the wires are glued in and are to short to cut and splice anyway. Guess I'll get the Zalman controller =|

Well, the wires are hotglued in, and I would have to open the fan up to try and get to them. I also took off my front panel (which has no vent holes...yet) and the two fans I have there helped drop temps 4C. I'll look at it a bit later. Thanks again!

Back