• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temps with side of case on and off???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asj

My CPU temps with the side on are 43.5°C with my main comp (in sig). Its cooling is copper Heatsink and 80mm Fan ans 4*80mm case fans and 2*PSU 80mm fans.

What I find strange is that when I take the side off my CPU temps go up! They have gone up as far as 48°C usually 46. I live in Scotland which isn't the hottest place in the world (lol) But what can be causing this rise in temp! All the temps are at Full(F@H ninja style) load at the speed in my sig!

Has anyone got a clue as why it does this!

Well when you take the side off it completely changes the air flow situation. The air is no longer required to pass over all the componants it can quickly and easily escape the side. Thats why you never see cases with alot of holes.

Thank You,
Daniel

thaught that! So my Air Flow is good! WooT! ???I have cables all over the place and a stupid toy dog in the middle of it (don't ask!)

Back