• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Stealth vs Panaflow L1A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxicrain

Both are good choices for quiet case fans. But which one is better?

Im currently ordering 6 quiet fans for my computers, and am stomped on which to choose. Stealths are rated for more air @ the same noise level, but more people are using L1A's. Is there a good reason for this?

Last edited:
This sucks, I wanted panaflows but stupid SVC doesn't have them in stock lol. I'm ordering all my stuff from there, and dont wanna order from another site to pay double shipping. Should I just go with the stealths, or will I regret this later?

Anyone with stealths wanna give me a suggestion?

of corse you wont. they are both very good fans. the panny's have the edge, but the stealth's are still good choices.

i wouldnt loose any sleep if i got the stealths.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the stealths, i have two of the 80mm versions and they work great, but if you had a choice go the panaflows, they are among the best in quality

Good Luck

Some people would argue that the Vantec Stealths will last longer because of the ball bearing construction...Even though the Stealths are rated at 21dB-A, to my ears they are marginally louder than the 21dB-A Panflo's...One thing the Vantecs have over the Panflo's is that they come with the 3 to 4 pin adapter and mounting screws...You really cannot go wrong with the Stealths for quiet case fans...I just like Pansonic Panflos and they are always my first choice when it comes to any kind of fan...:D

you can either buy the tails with crimp connectors (not a bad choice) get y-connectors and solder everything together, or you can build/buy a fanbus, voltage switch, or rheobus which accepts bare leads

Fanbus's, and voltage switches are easy, if I can build one, so can you!

Bleh, I'll just go with the stealths. How much louder are they then the pannies to the human ear?

Back