• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800 deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpfromcali

p4c800 deluxe AGP Question

I have a question for all you guru's out there. Has anyone found the bios setting to enable 8x AGP? I've looked everywhere I could think of in the bios and have found nothing but the AGP/PCI frequency setting. I even read the manual (**gasp**), and found no mention of it.

I did write Asus and got a wierd response from them:

My 1st email:

Operating System : windowsXP
I cant seem to find the option to enable AGP 8x in the bios. Ive looked in the
manual and web.
and everywhere I could think of but no one seems to have it listed. Also Im
running a ATI 9700
PRO 128 video card.

The Response:

Dear customer:
Please enter the bios setup, there is a selection named " AGP/PCI
Frequency", for 8x card, you can set it as 80/40, that means the card you used is for AGP8X.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Thank you used our products very much, welcome you to make valuable

suggestions more, we will make great efforts to accomplish
better.

Best Regards,
ASUS Customer Service Center Shanghai

Last edited:
Seems to be enabled by default on my board, but I'll have to double check that when I'm in the office.

jpfromcali said:
I have a question for all you guru's out there. Has anyone found the bios setting to enable 8x AGP? I've looked everywhere I could think of in the bios and have found nothing but the AGP/PCI frequency setting. I even read the manual (**gasp**), and found no mention of it.

I did write Asus and got a wierd response from them:

My 1st email:

Operating System : windowsXP
I cant seem to find the option to enable AGP 8x in the bios. Ive looked in the
manual and web.
and everywhere I could think of but no one seems to have it listed. Also Im
running a ATI 9700
PRO 128 video card.

The Response:

Dear customer:
Frequency", for 8x card, you can set it as 80/40, that means the card you used is for AGP8X.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Thank you used our products very much, welcome you to make valuable

suggestions more, we will make great efforts to accomplish
better.

Best Regards,
ASUS Customer Service Center Shanghai

I guess it's down compatible/autodetection. Just make sure that you use only agp cards with 1.5v specs.

I guess it's down compatible/autodetection.

I was thinking it was Auto Detection too. The thing that throws me is the response from Asus.

I was under the impression that the AGP/PCI, 80/40 was the clock settings for the AGP bus and PCI bus and has nothing to do with the actual AGP 1x,4x,8x.

Jp

Mine is set at 8x AGP as well. Seems to auto detect. I found no option to chage the agp speed in the Bios.

Last edited:
Back