• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce2 mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

I have a friend who needs to get a new mobo. He needs (according to me) an nForce2 board. What is the best one for the price (overclocking is not too much of a factor, just stability and quality).

When did the A7N8X Dlx stop being the fastest nForce2 mobo around? I read 4 articles in the 2 months after I bought it and the thing shut down everything else; it won every single benchmark.

First paragraph is infinitely more important. :)

i'll have to see for my self that theNF7 is faster than the Asus.
And you're right, the abit is currently a whopping 4$ cheaper than the Asus.

The abit is too expesive. What about the $85 Epox 8RDA on newegg? What's the 8RDA+ have?

I suggest getting an MSI K7N2G-L for $106 at www.NewEgg.com. Out of the box it is the fastest nForce2 board. As for stability, I have never had a slightest problem with mine. It also comes with 4 LED diagnostics and a 100MHz FSB "Safe Mode" jumper just in case. If you ever DO plan on overclocking, you can adjust FSB, Multiplier, CPU:Memory ratio, and CPU/RAM/AGP voltages. I am running my T-Bred 1800+ @ 2.00GHz right now with air cooling and everything runs perfect. As for the Abit board, that's $123 from NewEgg. Save a little cash and get the K7N2G-L. You won't be disappointed.

itim100 said:
i'll have to see for my self that theNF7 is faster than the Asus.
And you're right, the abit is currently a whopping 4$ cheaper than the Asus.

The abit is too expesive. What about the $85 Epox 8RDA on newegg? What's the 8RDA+ have?

well im sorry:rolleyes: its nearly £20 cheaper here.

Just food for thought...

If you are not overclocking, you will not see any real life difference in the "speed" of the MBs. Some of the differences you see in the reviews are due to the MB's rounding the FSB differently, slightly overclocking the system anyway. As I recall reading some of those reviews, the top performers weren't much higher than the boards that came in at #2 and #3.

Bottom line, if you are not overclocking, look for stability, price, and features. However, overclocking is WAY to easy with the nForce2 boards not to at least nudge the speed up just a bit.

ryuen said:
wat features or qualities would the 8rda+ lack against the nf7-s?

The 8RDA+ cannot run rear speakers AND a microphone without adding (not included) the optical out for the speakers because they share the same phono out on the back of the MB.

I personally lobe my Abit, and anybody who is in the market for an nForce2 board should get one. It is the most stable board I have ever used, with the most options, and the best price/performance ratio. The Epox boards are good also, as with the Asus, but the Abit will have more options for the $...and it will not disappoint.

Back