• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't change multiplier on 7vaxp...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

hey all, my buddy has a 7vaxp KT400 board with a 2400+, the multiplier options in the bios don't seem to work, he's using the F13 bios, i thought the 2400+ was unlocked down to 12.5 multiplier, any thoughts on this?

The VAXP doesnt have options in the BIOS for multis, so no wonder they dont work;)
The multis are set by the dips on the mobo, but it will depend on which Rev he has whether he will be able to adjust them. If he has a Rev 1.2 then he should be able to use any from 13x to 18x (dependent on FSB of course) But f he has the Rev1.1 then it only has dips up to 12.5x so to be able to access them he will have to join the 5th L3 bridge or do wire trick (same goes for Rev 1.2 if he wants lower than 13x)
Hood

abt the fsb

Hi buddy, look weither he can change the fsb through the mobo switch located near the pci slots. It will change iether 100FSB or 133,166FSb and then he can change the multi through the dip switch according to the fsb he set in the mobo. Mine havng a xp2000+ but could't change the fsb to 133 only 100FSB dunno what is the prob but gonna check it soon. will let you if there's any improvement abt it.

Back