• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple newbie questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C001P373R

I've been looking at power supplies for a new computer, and I came across the Antec TrueControl 550w. It had a control panel that fits into a 5.25" bay that allows you to alter PSU fan speed and 3.3v, 5v, and 12v voltage output. Since this is my first time overclocking, that brought me to another question: How do you normally adjust the voltage from the PSU? Do you have to open the case and change something on the PSU or motherboard? Or can you just do something in the BIOS? Also, while I was searching for the answer to this question in this forum, I noticed a lot of topics talking about VDD modding. What is VDD? Thanks a lot.

Ussually to adjust the rails you have to open up the PSU and turn the dials on the pots controlling them... That's if the PSU even has pots to tune the rails. Vdd is the voltage going to the Northbridge.. modding it will allow for higher FSB's but will require better cooling.

Back