• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

75c cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

Well, i hooked up my hsf, and all that other good stuff. I haven't plugged in any other fans, and the side panel was off. I just finished building the system, wanted to flash bios, and that's it till i get my other hard drive in the mail. So keeping that in mind, i go check the cpu temp, and it was at a whopping 75c. HOLY COW. Even though none of the other fans were running, i have a slk900 u, 2.4c, ic7-g, and a 92mm panaflo h1a that's rated at 42cfm. Why is it at 75c? I'm pretty sure the hsf is seated correctly, i used ceramique over the whole heatspreader, and then put on the slk900u and bolted it down not too tight, but tight enough where the heatsink couldn't move anymore and i have the fan blowing not sucking. What could be wrong or is it normal since none of the other fans are on and all that stuff.

man, i know there's another thread about it, but heck, why isn't abit fixing this problem damnit.

i also have the same problem. I have a IC7 with a 2.4c, a slk900-u with a 92mm vantec tornado with as3. my idle temp is 51 and load 62. this is with a case that has 8case fans! btw i got the temps from the winbond hardware doctor.

skitZo` said:
hey royal what is your temps at full load in hardware doctor.

i said in my post, my computer isn't finished being built yet. I only tested it by turning it on with only the cpu fan running and none of the other fans are running. There aren't even any hard drives connected yet. I only tested the bootup with the video card and memory just so i can flash the bios. I'm still waiting for my serillel 2 converter so i can finish building my system.

These are some higher than normal temps.When I flashed my bios through windows it didnt help temps like I thought it would.
40c idle,56c using prime95

high temp is7

I have the same problem to.....at idle with stock intel h/s and stock voltage running my 2.4c my temps are 53 and under load, they are 60.

I tried o/c and my week 10 malaysia can barely do 2.8 ghz....i think s/thing has to be wrong as i have had lots of 2.4b processors that all did atleast 2.8 ghz.

My old temps used to be 33 under full load at 3 ghz and 1.8 volts.
with my previous setup.

very frusterating so far.

I have no problem with oc right now my temp with my 2.4c idle and load is about the same as my have it at 3.3 1100fsb but using after market heatsink.

royal, I think it would be worth your while to remove the hsf, clean off all the compound, re-apply and refit. Worked for me.

Yeah, I think you may have to screw the spring-loaded screws until they stop (yeah, it may seem like you'll crush the die, but that's what I did and it works great)

i was looking at the wrong temperature. It's fine now. It's like 45c idle, so i'm expecting it's about 30-35c at idle which is very good for cpu idleness. Well, this is my first ddr board, i finally got rig #1 up and running tonight with raid and xp installed with all the updates. Tomorrow comes installing games time and ocing! Wish me luck on this chip and setup.

Back