• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Raid 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

datafiend

I have the IC7-G mobo and set up raid using the silicon chipset because I wanted raid one. I have flashed to the 1.3 bios and used the silicon drivers that came with thmobo on the floppy drive. The problem is that when I boot up and the start up screen for raid tells me "incomplete raid set" and prompt me to hit ctrl + S or f4 to complete it. If I let it to continue it will boot up into windows and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Is this error or warning normal and how do I get rid of it? I loaded the drivers by using f6 when I loaded windows. Any Ideas Please.:confused: :bang head :bang head

Is there an update for the silicon drivers. When you update do you have to set up the raid again and reformate?

Try using the Intel ICH5 SATA (RAID0) for your raid setup unless your doing only RAID1 .

Seems the Intel SATA is alot more reliable (and better drivers) than the Silicon SATA .

*note*
You will need to press " CTRL-I " during boot process to set up the Intel raid .

stereo555

Last edited:
stereo555 said:
Try using the Intel ICH5 SATA (RAID0) for your raid setup unless your doing only RAID1 .

Seems the Intel SATA is alot more reliable (and better drivers) than the Silicon SATA .

*note*
You will need to press " CTRL-I " during boot process to set up the Intel raid .

stereo555

I did at first, I had it set up on the intel with raid0 and I went into the bios to change the fsb to 200 to only 201, one freakin fsb and I couldn't even boot into windows because it said my raid wasnt bootable along with another error which I dont remember. So I put the fsb back to 200 and the same thing. I tried everything to get it to boot back into windows with the raid0 but no luck. So I reformated and set up raid1 with the silicon. And now it doesnt give that error "incomplete raid set" all the time, just some times. Did I forget to set something else in the bios before I began to overclock? I'm new to intel overclocking, I just came from an AMD setup a few days ago.

Back