• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue orb push pins not for 8rda+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

tried putting the blue orb on my northbridge (8rda+), doesn't fit, pins are not far enough apart :( , same for southbridge, i thought it was supposed to fit perfectly

that really sux, i bought one yesterday thinking the same thing!!! I think the iceberg fits perfectly. Not the 4

Blue orb really isnt sufficient anyway. For the same money get a Celeron 50mm heatsink/fan combo, and silver epoxy it onto the NB. Fans are easily replaced if needed, and it will do an excellent job of cooling.

Unless you really dont want a permanent fixture on the MoBo, then go with an iceberg, but use the copper, not the aluminum.

the original iceberg aluminum/copper or the 4/4 pro? will they all fit? also what do you guys think about the zalman heatsink, golden aluminum one

The normal Iceberq fits. The Orbs and Icberq 4 are made for video cards. I have an Iceberq4 on my NB though.. just used 1 pin and a bit of superglue.

I am using the aluminum Iceberq on my NB. It fits perfectly, and it makes at least a +17FSB improvement with AS3. However, there isn't the third wire to read the fan RPMs, AND it is a sleeve bearing fan. The copper one is ball bearing, heavier, and *might* have the RPM wire. But it is more expensive. SVC had them on sale. I got my aluminum one for $6.50 :)

iceberg and zalaman are both good options. I use the copper one myself (on my abit now, was on my 8RDA+ until I killed it) and it does a great job.

Although I've never used an Iceberg on a nb, there was a time period when I used it (the copper original one) on a 9700 Pro. The copper got too hot to touch but amazingly the card was stable OC'd to 351 core.

Back