• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best NB cooler on NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Just curious what you guys have used and what results you've gotten from it. I'm sure there are several others here that would appreciate the info.

TIA...

copper Vantec Iceberq. it was a tight fit but if you position it exactly right it will fit. my south bridge stays cool with my fsb set at 225Mhz.

ummmm he asked for a northbridge cooler lol... the best AIR cooling device is Epoxying (or scrwing in if you feel like drilling holes) a old heatsink designed for a cpu... on my old REV 1.0 i used a celeron heatsink and that allowed me to get from 195mhz stable (the original revision had heating probs) to around 207mhz stable..... within the week i am gonna epoxy a aluminum (so lightweight) socket a heatsink that uses a 60mm fan to the northbridge with hope of getting around 240mhz (or higher) fsb.

stock amd coolers are nice and small, they would probably fit. I was going to put a zalm chipset cooler on, and attach a 22cfm 50mm fan. That should be enough to reach my potential i think. If the amd hsf fits i will just use that if not svc.com has the fan and zalm for $7. nice and cheap.

like gouda96 said, the zalman is a good passive (read quiet) NB cooling option, and any way i can always be augmented with something like a 40-50mm fan, i tried the AMD retail butit did not fit well on my NB (NF7-S), but mabey ill try again with different holes in the sink so i can get better positioning

I use one of the new Iceberq 4.. too bad the pins don't fit and i had to use 1 pin AS3 and a little superglue.

i was thinking about the zalman or stock amd, but i just bought a 3 week old nf7-s with successful vdd and vdim mods. It has a big thermaltake hsf on the nb, and thermaltake heatsinks on the sb and mosfets. This mobo is going to rock. amazing deal for $85 HAHAHA!!!

id personally take the zalman..although im a zalman fanboy so ill stay out of it :)

Back