• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD light always on!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Its not realy a big deal... BUT I MUST KNOW WHY! Perhaps its just the combo of the A7N8X and the maxtor... but the HD light never tires, it just stays on. Even at 0%hd usage. WHY?! Also, my maxtor, tho brand new, makes the wierd bumpy noises like ove only heard on REAL old maxtors. Its realy fast, or shall i say, instantanious, but it makes wierd click/bump hybrid noises when it is being used. RMA it?

Mine is always on on my Kt7 with Windows Xp and 512mb's ram, but on my Kd7 with 256mb ram it's hardly ever on, both my slower have this problem.

-mamer

LEDs only light when power runs thru them the right way. If connected backwards they will not light. They will not be damaged if polarity is wrong, they just don't light. The LED indicates any read or write activity by any device connected to either ide channel. I hope this helps!

Yuriman said:
Its not realy a big deal... BUT I MUST KNOW WHY! Perhaps its just the combo of the A7N8X and the maxtor... but the HD light never tires, it just stays on. Even at 0%hd usage. WHY?! Also, my maxtor, tho brand new, makes the wierd bumpy noises like ove only heard on REAL old maxtors. Its realy fast, or shall i say, instantanious, but it makes wierd click/bump hybrid noises when it is being used. RMA it?

Maybe the HDD LED wire is on the Power LED connector on the motherboard? I know I did this when I hooked up my new MB and it took me a minute to figure out that I had put the connector in the wrong place. If you have a working Power LED then this idea can be scratched.

-- Dave

Back