• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G - Twinmos winbond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poobah

Registered
Just wanted to know if anyone has coupled the ic7-g with twinmos 3200 windbond, and hows your results?
saw the memory review at anandtech and the regular twinmos did ok on the ic7-g but I was wondering if the winbonds are doing better.. I mean a 512 mb chip of the 3200 winbond chips for only 80$ seems like a pretty good price. I dont want to shell out to get corsair =/

if the winbonds arent doing very good I might go for crucial which are sold at a pretty favorable price as well.

anyone?

I'm using a pair of 512's in my setup, IC7 with 2.6/800. It runs okay in my setup, but overclocking the mem is less than stellar in my case. Running at 5:4, 2.5-3-3-7, the best I get 100% stable is 255 fsb. By dropping the ratio to 3:2, I can run at 270, though I can tighten the timings a little to 2-2-2-6.

With different ram I might be able to coax a little more out of the setup, but overall I don't think at this point it'd be worth the extra cash. When I get ready to do another build in a few weeks I might give something else a try ;)

Yuppie, im not the only one..... :p I have the same rig and the same "problem" .... hehehe My TwinMos hit at 1:1 somewhere around 226 MHz FSB, at 5:4 i only reach 256 MHz FSB and at 3:2 im able to run my rig at 270 MHz FSB..... But why???? 5:4 Divider at 270 MHz does mean 178 !!! MHz ram speed........ Why are both TwinMos Module hold back with both dividers (3:2 and 5:4)???? Maybe its the MoBo..????

About 226Mhz in a IC7-G at 2-2-3-5 and 2.8Volts ... in dual channel mode ...

...So i guess you are OK ! :)

Back