• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe Bios Swap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaoflux

Registered
I bumped my FSB up to 150 from 145 yesterday and I got the dreaded A7N8x Black Screen. This mobo is revision 2.0. My buddy has an 1.4 revision. Anyone think it's safe to flash my bios with his or vice versa.

And yes I've removed everything...one by one
cleared cmos
removed battery
stepped down fsb with jumper

-man this board is nothing but problems

Not sure...I have the same issue and Asus has not answered back to me (3 emails)...but I also have the 1.04 board...now I have been told that you can not hotflash the rev 1.04 with the rev 2.0 BIOS chips...but can flash the 2.0 with the 1.04...

And your last statement is a serious understatement...

Backwards compatible

yeah it seems that the board is backwards compatible with the bios revisions. I had to RMA and wait 2 weeks for it which was too long for me. I am now very hesitant of overclocking my rev. 1.04 now because I don't trust it as much as I used to.

at least they RMAed yours...I said screw it after sending the 3rd email to get mine RMAed...still no response from them...

RMA

Did you go to the support page and go to the RMA section and request a RMA correctly. If you send them random emails to the wrong departments I have noticed that they ignore them.

use this link http://helpdesk.asus.com/ that will get you to the correct place to start off the process. on the left you will see a bar menu that says ASUS RMA Online. Click on that and under it you will see issue a new RMA online. Now fill out the info and submit and they will contact you pretty fast.

Just make sure you are very detailed they like to know what is going on. :D :D :D :D

I have done the RMA page 3 times :mad:...almost have it memorized by now...have filled it out once a week so far and finally just gave up...I just don't think they liked that fact that 194FSB was fine and then I upped to 195FSB and changed the core voltage and AGP voltage at the same time...bam...no AGP signal on reboot...

They do have a phone.....

Hi Glock19-
I phoned up the tech support # in the MB manual (not 800#, about 3+ USD), hoping against hope ASUS had a magic fix for bios corruption, anyhow had a RMA # within 15 min of calling. Didn't use it though, RMA'd back to Newegg. It's an option.
elec.tron

Well I used my buddies rev 1004 and attempted to flash rev 1004(1.4) or rev 2.0(c181d005) via hot swapping...no such luck. Either way I could not get mine to boot. I think I'm going to call Asus and see if i can buy like 20 Eprom rev 2.0's. At least that will last me the month. This is really ****ing me off. I just finished getting my Corsair Hydrocool up and running and I can't even push it.

-btw Corsair and Delphi did an excellent job with this cooler.

To bad Asus fell of the wagon on their A7N8X Deluxe. It wouldn't even be an issue if the board sucked...The mobo rocks when it's running right...

-ok too many beers..

-Chaoflux

Back