• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jenova

hey ppls
jusy got a few questions on the ASUS A7V8X DELUXE
is it good for O\C
are their any problems with it
and is it worth the money
or should i go with the A7V8X (the normal one)

Jenova said:
hey ppls
jusy got a few questions on the ASUS A7V8X DELUXE
is it good for O\C
are their any problems with it
and is it worth the money
or should i go with the A7V8X (the normal one)

is it good for O\C: No it is not that great of a OCer...the Core and Memory voltage is limited...
are their any problems with it: yes BIOS corruption issue...the newier released BIOS's have not fixed this issue like the other NF2 boards.
and is it worth the money: No...the Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 is cheaper and a much better NF2 board...better OCer, and won't limit you on core and memory voltage when OCing...and BIOS corruption issue is less likely with the new BIOS version(s)...

And yes I do have a A7N8X Deluxe...lasted 4 hours before the corrupt BIOS issue put it in the closet...

I think you meant the A7"N"8X deluxe right?

Great board but not the best for overclocking.

Personally i'd go for the ABIT NF7-S for overclocking and i think so would a lot of other people.

So make that 2 for the NF7-S :D

1time: why's that?? i thought only the lower multi's were unlocked for all the T-bred B's.

I actually don't like my overclock, i thought i'd reach 2.4-2.5 :(. Hoping my 1700 will :D

N.E.R.D_BOI, you've got the same mobo version, bios and processor that I have, yet you have access to the lower multiplyers and I have access to the upper multiplyers. I did not think that was possible and assumed you had done some kind of hardware or software modification to gain access to the lower multiplyers. The 2100+ TBreds are completely unlocked, however as I understand it different motherboards may or may not work with all of the multiplyers. I like your O/C since you can get your FSB so high. With my higher multiplyer I've not been able to get a higher FSB and keep mine stable.

I have been saying for the longest time that the A7N8X is not a Overclockers board..... Looks like others are starting to realize it also.

I think it overclocks pretty well if you compare it to masses of NF2 boards out there. It may not do as well as NF7-S, but it's no slouch. The main reason I chose the board was due to the extensive onboard features. I've had this board running a Barton [email protected]@1.70V with no issues yet.

yeah i only started noticing the A7N8X wasn't so good for overclocking. I only got it because of the great reviews i read. I only got into overclocking 2months after i got my rig!

1time: I haven't done any software nor any physical mods to change my multiplier. The only thing I did was flash my bios which allowed me to overclock as the original BIOS 1001 something had locked my multipliers.
I thought all multi's below 13 were unlocked for everyone. Anyone else out there with a 2100+ that only has access to higher multi's???????

Back