• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 7VAXP config Prob!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi guys, recentley I brought down the above motherboard and it's revision is 1.2 and bios version is 11. I'm having a xp2000+ processor and having problems to corretley identifyng it inthe bios. Whenever it boot up it shows as 1250 MHz! i then changed the dip swtich to change the fsb, actually in that switch you can on or off if on it'll run 200fsb and off means 266,333.. so when i off it it wo't work and if i on it it'll do the fsb ajusmetn it 100MHz so it will multiply by 100*12.5. So i changed it through clock ratio dip switch to 17 and getting now shwoninthe bios xp1700+ and actual speed is 1738 according to wpcuid. So how can i set my board to correctley detect my xp 2000+ na daslo fsb to 266MHz? I'm hoping o update my bios casue already f13 is avaible inthe internet.

Hope someone can give me a good answer to this, i replaced my msi KT4V ultra because my cpu getting hot in that pcb too mcuh but now i'm finding anoter prob in this gigabyte. Pls help!:D

The dips for the multi should be at Auto (unless OCing) and SW1 to Off(266/333)
If you can run at SW1 On(200) but not at Off then I suspect that you may be having temp problems. Make sure the HSF is on the right way and that you have the Heat Transfer Compound applied correctly.
BTW what is your CPU temp when on 100FSB(SW1 On)
Another thing to try is clear the CMOS.

Hood

Still same prob

I checked the temp and it's normal like 48-53C in the maxium load time and compare to the msi board this is lot good. Well resetting cmos didn't help much and i even upgrade the bios also. Still the same situvaton. Wonder what could be the prob, and aslo is this processor is supporting fsb 266 or is it 200?

Thanks for your quick reply

48 TO 53 is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to high if you are running the CPU underclocked on a 100MHz FSB.
You need to get that cooler off and clean it and the core thoroughly and then apply some heat transfer compound to the core in a thin layer.

Is your 2000+ a Palomino or a T/Bred, cause if its a T/Bred then you should be looking at temps of around 30 to 40 deg and if its a Palomino you should be around 40 to 45 deg. This is at full speed not underclocked like you are.
Hood

well temp will be always same

Well cpu temps seems to be ok to me cause whenever ii brought it wth my msi kt4v board it;s aroug in the 50C in the idle time then rises , thinking this is too high without even overcloking i changed cpu colers two times but still the same, i've ordered a copper coler from outside but waiting for that. The current cpu cooler is a coolermaster one and i fix a 80 mm fan for than one for better performance but no help. No matter what cooling i give it will be hte same, That's why i changed the mobo and it is good in certain condtion against msi mobo.
But currentley i want to know how to config this processor thing to identify correctley in the mobo. well i think my cpu is supproting 266 fsb and wonder why this mobo not allowing that one even though in hte bios i set the mem speed to 266 fsb but spu frequency will be 100 and i can changed it so i then changed it to 103 and now in hte bios it shows xp 2100+, what is this all about?:mad:

Yes I agree that 50deg may be what it read on the MSI but I am presuming that it was running at its true speed on the MSI, 12.5 X 133fsb. On this mobo its running the same temps but only running 12.5x 100FSB, either that or I am missing something.
What type of thermal paste are you using and are you applying just a thin layer to the core and a haze to the HSF where it contacts the core.
I would suggest that you clear the CMOS, set the dips to Auto for the multi and 133 for SW1. If you cant boot then its either as I think the temps are too high or your mobo.
Hood

I am going to assume there is a combo of a stock fan and heatsink and some bad airflow. When I had mine up against the side of my desk (vent side... smooth yeah, but no where to put it.) it ran hot. Like 61 deg. So make sure you keep it well vented and look into getting some new cooling stuff (heat sinks, fans, paste, etc) if you are planning to OC.

Happy news guys

I'm hapy to say I manage to overcome my prob after updating tof13 bios. After that i just thought better to try everything again and so i set the multi to 12.5 and switch off the sw1. So there it goes beautifully saying xp2000+!!
After that i started doing my toture around xp2200+ . now it's running 1806MHz, pretty enough with me till i get a good copper cooling i expect cause temp is nearly 52-58c now. thanks all guys for all your support:D

Back