• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is NF7-S @ Newegg v2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AJL

Registered
May picking up a few things from newegg and wondered if people are getting just the v2.0s now.

TIA!
AJ

Thanks! Anyone know if newegg's oem XP1700+'s are a good stepping (yeah, I know, this isn't the cpu forum)?

Thanks, think I have one of those, TBredA right? The one I have is good for ~2Ghz, water cooled. Thinking of picking one up for another system (will be air cooled though). The 1700s are real cheap.

Oops, JIUHBs are TBredBs it appears - uhmm, always a bit confusing these AMD steppings are ;)

Last edited:
i noticed you have the already have v1.2...... the only difference between the two i believe is the v2.0 is guaranteed to hit 200FSB. not sure if any hardware changes were made.

Supposedly the v2.0s bench a bit higher and some are hitting higher FSBs (w/o modding). Since mine can hit 200Mhz fsb already, it'll work with the Barton 2500+ I plan on getting in a couple of weeks.

I was going to get a v2.0, bump my v1.2 to my wife's machines and bump her Asus a7n266-C to a folding box. But now I'm leaning towards just sticking with my v1.2 for my main machine and getting two refurb Asus a7n8x for my folding boxes. I'm try to decide whether to pick up a couple of new procs right now, or just wait (budget games).

Thanks for the Input!

torchedlh said:
i noticed you have the already have v1.2...... the only difference between the two i believe is the v2.0 is guaranteed to hit 200FSB. not sure if any hardware changes were made.

The v2 has the newest NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 NB. The 1.2 doesn't.

Back