• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Hi friends, i am planning to use active cooling. Now i have a wc setup described the sign. I am thinking to use a 226 w petier, cold plate and trully casted 3\4 od bruno´s block(brazilian guy)
front.jpg

2 questions,
a dtek hc +2 shrouds+2 120x38 is ok to dissipate all heat ?
this block design should be ok to cool the TEC ?
thanks and sorry the english....
the block pics
http://fotos.terra.com.br/album.cgi/292014

Last edited:
From looking at the block pictures, will there be enough room to drill holes to mount a coldplate with the proper pressure? As for whether or not the dtek heater core will be able to dissapate the heat from the tec, I doubt there will be much of a problem with 2 38mm thick 120mm fans but I may be wrong.

I'm not too familiar with D-Tek Heater core, is it a car heater core?
If it is a car heater core you are on the right track, hopefully it will be big enough.

For example: One Black Ice Extreme isn't good enough for a 226W TEC.

One good thing with car heater core is that their flow resistance is low, thats good, you'll need the flow to keep up with a good heatexchange.

The most definite thing when using the mack daddy pelt is that U will generate big time heat on the hot side. Even with a waterblock, You will heat up your water big time and that increase will negate a lot of the cool effect of your pelt. I have a maze2 with the quarter inch copper cold plate. The pelt is sandwiched between the two and the waterblock takes the heat away. How I evened the score with that bad boy was to add a couple extra high capacity (and quietest I could find) fans and made a shroud for the radiator. Then (overkill IS good!) I cut a heatsink that would fit the front of the waterblock (around the hose fittings YUK) and put a proc fan on it. My sys is not as noisy as most even now BUT the heated water is now at a satisfactory temp and we are kicking butt on our settings. We are still in the fine tuning stage of a new sys but as you can see in the sig, we are achieving some nice numbers and they are getting better by the day! upon proper cooling so far we have a elcheapo 2500+amd barton and taken it from 1830mhz to 2450mhz totally stable and running like a clock. After Rad is done ( if ever ) we WILL get MORE! lol (he fired it up one time a few days back and the post screen showed 2750mhz but she just wouldn't get off her butt and boot, seems like more voltage is needed eh?)

Good luck on your project and hope if anything this may give you some good ideas for making your sys the mack daddy! Oh, and when you get going, OC that thing to the max!

Happy Trails

Tweaker and RadMan

Last edited:
Overbrazil said:
Hi friends, i am planning to use active cooling. Now i have a wc setup described the sign. I am thinking to use a 226 w petier, cold plate and trully casted 3\4 od bruno´s block(brazilian guy)
front.jpg

2 questions,
a dtek hc +2 shrouds+2 120x38 is ok to dissipate all heat ?
this block design should be ok to cool the TEC ?
thanks and sorry the english....
the block pics
http://fotos.terra.com.br/album.cgi/292014

Oh and by the way, That 226w pelt is gonna want to feast on power. You will most likely going to do what we did and use a seperate power supply. We are using a meanwell p320-12 24a to power ours and there is enough for putting a pelt on the ole northbridge later too!

happy trails (again)

Tweaker

Back